Mushroom Spinach & Goat Cheese Frittata
3 Whole Eggs
1/2 Cup Sliced Oyster Mushrooms
3/4 Cup Fresh Spinach
2-3 Tablespoons Goat Cheese
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Herbs
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Method: Crack 3 eggs into a small mixing bowl and beat with a fork until well mixed. While mixing eggs, start preheating an oven to 350 degrees. Next, place a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and once warm add olive oil.
- Start by sautéing the mushrooms in the oil until you start to see them soften and brown slightly. About 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and sauté until it just beings to wilt. Season veggies with salt and pepper.
- Now add the 3 eggs and stir just enough to incorporate spinach and mushrooms evenly throughout the egg mix.
- Next sprinkle 1/2 the goat cheese on top of the cooking egg mix and place it in the preheated oven.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the eggs are set and have fluffed up some. Remove skillet from oven and slide frittata onto a plate or serving platter.
- Add remaining goat cheese, season top with a little more salt and paper, and any fresh herbs that you enjoy.
- Serve warm.