Bacon and Egg Pie
Butter for pie dish
1 (1-lb.) package puff pastry
13 happy eggs, divided
8 slices smoked bacon
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter a 9 or 10-inch pie dish.
- Roll out half of the pastry into a circle. Line the pie dish with the pastry, leaving the overhang.
- Crack 6 of the eggs into the pie dish, making sure the yolks are evenly spaced around the pie. Cut bacon to size with scissors and lay 4 slices on top of the eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Crack another 6 eggs into the pie dish as before and top with the remaining bacon. Fold overhanging pastry over filling.
- Whisk the remaining egg and brush onto the edge of the pastry. Roll out remaining pastry into a circle and place over filling, pressing the edges together gently. Trim pastry, brush top of pie with beaten egg and cut a slit in the top.
- Bake for about 70 minutes. Cool and cut into wedges to serve.