Stuffed Baked Acorn Squash
- 2 Acorn Squash, halved and seeds removed
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup Ricotta cheese
- 4 Happy Eggs
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush the cut sides of the squash with olive oil. Place squash cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the flesh is tender when pierced with a fork.
- While squash is baking, in a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. In a larger bowl combine quinoa, parmesan cheese, green onions, dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds. Pour the olive oil mixture over the quinoa and mix well to combine.
- Turn the oven down to 400°. Turn squash over where the cut sides are up. Divide the ricotta cheese among the squash halves. Then divide the quinoa stuffing among the squash halves. There may be some of the stuffing left over. Make a small well in the stuffing of each squash.
- Cook the stuffed squash for 10 minutes. Then remove the baking pan from the oven. Carefully break an egg into each well. Return the baking sheet to the oven and cook until the whites of the eggs are set. Serve immediately.