- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough or homemade
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 (8 oz) block mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 Happy Egg Organic Free Range Eggs
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- In a medium skillet, brown the breakfast sausage over a medium high heat, until cooked through, about five minutes.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the pizza dough. Place it in a lightly greased 13-inch cast iron skillet. If you use a larger skillet, the pizza will be a tad thinner, and if you go smaller, you’ll have a thicker crust. Spoon the sauce over the dough, and evenly sprinkle the sausage and mozzarella cheese on top.
- Prebake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, bring the pizza out of the oven. Gently crack each Happy Egg Organic Free Range egg into a small bowl, and carefully pour the eggs over different spots on the pizza one at a time.
- Bake the pizza for 10-12 more minutes, until the whites have set, but the yolks are still soft. Note that if you want a firmer yolk, 13-15 minutes is what you’ll need. If you want it runnier, pull back the time by a minute or two.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve with coffee!