Cheesy Easy Breakfast Casserole
1 pound bacon
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss Cheese
1 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup diced onions
14 ounces (approximately 4 cups) thawed shredded hash browns
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Non-stick cooking spray
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cover two baking sheets with foil or line with parchment paper. Evenly arrange the bacon in a single layer on both sheet trays, then bake for 20-22 minutes, or until crispy. Rotate the pans halfway through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels, and pat dry. Once the bacon is cool to the touch, chop into small pieces.
- Lightly grease an 8” x 8” x 2 1/2” casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, salt and pepper until combined. Stir in the hash browns, onions, cottage cheese, Swiss cheese and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish, then top with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
- Wait 10-15 minutes before serving.