Egg Fried Rice
1 1/3 cups long grain rice, uncooked
1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
4 happy eggs
Few sprigs cilantro or parsley
Dash soy sauce
Dash Worcestershire Sauce
3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add rice and cook for 2 minutes less than package directions indicate.
- Add vegetables, bring back to the boil and drain.
- While rice and vegetables are cooking, heat oil in a frying pan over low heat. Whisk eggs lightly and add to pan to make a thin omelet. Cook until set. Remove from pan, roll up and cut into ribbons.
- Remove cilantro or parsley leaves from stems. Finely chop stems and reserve leaves and stems separately.
- Over low heat, warm rice and vegetables in the same pan that the omelet was cooked in. Add omelet ribbons and cilantro or parsley stalks and season with soy sauce, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce.
- To serve, spoon rice onto a warm plate and decorate with cilantro or parsley leaves and scallions.