Ham and Cheese Egg Bake
1 lb. ham, cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
12 large free range eggs
½ cup prepared baking mix (such as Bisquick)
3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
2 cups cottage cheese
1½ teaspoons Mexican seasoning blend
3 (4-oz.) cans diced green chilies
Diced avocado, pico de gallo and salsa (optional toppings)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly butter a 13X9-inch baking dish.*
- Cook ham and onion in a large skillet until onions are soft; let cool. Beat eggs well in a large bowl with baking mix, then stir in ham, cheeses, seasoning and chiles; mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake immediately or cover and refrigerate overnight. (If preparing ahead, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 1 hour or until eggs are puffed, golden brown and cooked through, tenting with foil if the top browns too quickly. Serve with toppings as desired.
- *Mixture may also be spooned into 24 muffin cups and baked for 30 minutes.