Prosciutto Tart with Artichokes and Mushrooms
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
10 Tbsp. butter, diced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
5 happy eggs, divided
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 (10-oz.) jar artichoke hearts, drained
1 cup heavy cream or crème frâiche
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp. chopped chives
Salt and black pepper
4 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a food processor, pulse flour and a pinch of salt. Add butter and cheese and pulse until crumbly.
- Beat 1 egg and add to flour mixture with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Pulse just until dough forms a ball. Flatten dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Gently sauté mushrooms in remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Transfer mushrooms to a large bowl and add artichoke hearts, cream or crème fraiche, cheese and chives.
- Beat the remaining 4 eggs and add to vegetable mixture. Season with salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Roll out dough into a circle and line a 9-inch quiche tin with it. Line dough with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and gently pour filling into tart shell. Place folded prosciutto slices on top and bake for 40 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden. Serve hot or cold.