Puff Pastry Tarts
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 9 Happy Eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the sheet of uncooked puff pastry into 4 equal rectangles. Beat one of the eggs in a small bowl until smooth, then brush a light layer over each piece of pastry dough with a pastry brush. On each piece of pastry, fold about ½” of each edge over, pressing it gently to create a frame all the way around. Brush a light layer of egg around the folded edge. Use a fork to poke the center of each rectangle of dough several times.
- Place the puff pastry in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the pastry is turning golden brown. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and reduce the temperature to 400F.
- The edges of the pastry will unfold some, and the center will puff up. Use the back of a spoon to smooth down the center and create a well, then sprinkle about ¼ cup of cheese over each tart and criss-cross two pieces of bacon on top of it. Carefully crack and place two Happy Egg Co. Free Range Organic Eggs on top of each tart. If the white is overflowing the edges of the pastry, you can either spoon some out or leave it–it won’t affect the flavor.
- Return the tarts to the oven and bake for another 8-10 minutes, depending on how set you want the whites and yolks to be. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.