2 large yams or sweet potatoes
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1 stick of unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 cup of half and half or heavy cream
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 pre-made pie shells, or 60 miniature phyllo cups
- Carefully remove yams from oven and scoop out the insides from both yams
- Mash by hand or add into a blender until smooth and creamy
- Incorporate sugar and all other ingredients
- Pour into pre-made pie shell or fill miniature phyllo pastry cups with mixture
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, large pies take about 40 minutes to bake.
- Tip: Cover the pies with a loose piece of tin foil so the crust won’t get done before the yummy yams in the middle. Remove the foil for the last few minutes to brown the sides of the crust!