The Perfect Omelet
2 happy eggs
3 Tbsp. cream
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp. butter or oil
Filling of your choice
- Mix eggs quickly with a fork, add cream and mix again. Season with salt, pepper and a dash of Tabasco.
- Melt butter in a hot frying pan; when butter starts to sizzle, add egg mixture. When bottom of omelet begins to set, sprinkle filling on top.
- Fold one-third of the omelet into the middle, then fold over the opposite one-third. Flip the omelet over to finish cooking before sliding onto a plate.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix eggs and cream; season with salt, pepper and Tabasco and add filling ingredients.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into pan and cook until bottom and sides of omelet have just begun to color and pull away from sides of pan.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake for 5-10 minutes or until the middle is cooked and top is browned. Turn onto a plate and cut into wedges.